Kybella Treatment Specialist in Tempe, AZ
When you are looking for a non-surgical, non-invasive treatment that can improve the look of your jawline and minimize the appearance of a double-chin, Kybella might be the right treatment for you. For more information, call us or schedule an appointment online. We serve clients from Tempe AZ, and surrounding areas.
Table of Contents:
Kybella is a prescription that is used in adults to improve the appearance and profile of submental fat, more typically known as a “double chin” in moderate to severe cases. It is also known as deoxycholic acid, or cholanoic avid, and is known as Kybella in the United States, where it is FDA approved for specifically treating fat beneath the chin. When Kybella is injected into the submental fat, the acid helps to destroy the fat cells therein, reducing the appearance of a double-chin in patients.
Kybella is a safe, minimally invasive alternative to liposuction or surgery for the treatment of double-chin fat and is recommended for adults who have moderate to severe issues with the fat beneath their chin.
Given that Kybella is considered a cosmetic procedure, it is not covered by your insurance. The average cost of a single Kybella treatment can range between $500 to $1,800 – with the total cost of your treatment being determined by the number of treatments required, your provider’s fees, and where you are located within the United States.
If you have any questions about the cost of Kybella treatments, you should call your provider who will be able to answer your questions.
You will typically see results in four to six weeks after your Kybella treatment. And, unlike Botox, the results from a Kybella treatment are noticeable only a few weeks after treatment and can last for years, meaning that you will not usually need any touch-ups following your treatment.
There are a number of instructions that you should know to follow after your Kybella treatment. These include, but are not limited to:
1. For twenty-four hours following the procedure, ice the treated areas for 20 minutes and then remove for twenty minutes and repeat this for twenty-four hours.
2. You should absolutely not rub, massage, or manipulate the treated areas.
3. Make certain to keep yourself hydrated following your treatment.
4. Sleep on your back, keeping your head elevated for three to five days following your treatment.
5. For three to five days after treatment, avoid vigorous exercise, sun and heat exposure.
6. To avoid increased swelling or irritation, it is recommended that you avoid alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplements, high-sodium and high-sugar foods, and cigarettes for one to two days following treatment
7. Lastly, you should avoid cosmetic treatments in the area that was treated with Kybella – particularly injectables, laser, peels, and microdermabrasion – and speak with your practitioner about the timing of further cosmetic facial treatments to create a schedule of when you can resume other cosmetic treatments.
If you have any further questions about Kybella treatments or would like to book an appointment with one of our practitioners, please reach out to us at Love Skin Holistic Med Spa. For more information, call us or schedule an appointment online. We serve clients from Tempe AZ, Mesa AZ, Scottsdale AZ, Chandler AZ, Gilbert, AZ, Ahwatukee AZ, Phoenix AZ and surrounding areas.