PDO Thread Lift Treatment Specialist in Tempe, AZ
Love Skin Holistic Med Spa offers PDO thread lifts in Tempe, AZ which leaves you with a more radiant and youthful appearance. For more information, call us or schedule an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
What is a PDO thread lift?
PDO thread lift – nonsurgical facelift
Restoring the V shape
What are PDO threads and how do they work?
Who is a good candidate for PDO threads?
Ideal candidates for PDO thread lift
What areas can be treated?
How is a PDO thread lift performed?
What is the recovery time from PDO thread lift?
The PDO Thread Lift, sometimes called Sugar Threads, procedure safely and instantly lifts up loose skin on the face, neck, and body with minimal downtime.
PDO Thread Lift is one of the most effective ways to lift loose skin without surgery. As we age, the effects of gravity become more noticeable on our faces, especially as our facial support structure weakens and we lose facial fat. The areas that are generally affected are the eyebrows, areas around the eyes, the cheeks, the jowls, and the neck. The result is a longer, more square-shaped, and older-looking face.
Traditionally, most people would investigate plastic surgery to get a facelift as there weren’t very effective noninvasive treatments to lift the loose skin. However, now there is an effective nonsurgical option that can lift and contour and suspend the sagging tissues on the face, neck, and body, especially for those that need only minimal to moderate rejuvenation or for those that do not wish to undergo surgical intervention.
A youthful face has a “V-shape”. With the aging of tissues and the action of gravity, this “V-shape” diminishes or inverts. The idea behind the PDO thread lift is to either to create a scaffolding to support sagging tissues and keep them in the “V-shape” or where necessary to delicately lift the tissues and reposition the skin to recreate the “V-shape” where it’s been lost.
PDO Threads are hypodermic needles preloaded with a synthetic PDO absorbable suture. PDO (polydioxanone) sutures are surgical sutures that are used to perform cardiac surgery. All sutures are FDA-approved and PDO sutures are one of the safest materials that can be used in the body. Your skin will fully absorb the PDO within 4 to 6 months without leaving any scar tissue.
For the right candidate, the Thread Lift can provide a pleasing, natural rejuvenation of the face with the benefit of no general anesthesia, rapid recovery, and very minimal cost compared to a facelift or a neck lift. Thread Lift may be combined with other, more minor non-surgical procedures, such as Botox, Injectable Fillers, Chemical peels, microneedling, or skin resurfacing lasers.
– People with minimal signs of aging need just a small lift. Good candidates are those patients who are starting to see some droopiness of the brow, cheeks, jowls, and/or neck and would like to see a lifting effect, but do not want the risk, scars, or recovery of a real browlift, facelift, or neck lift operation.
– People who have had some relapse from a previous plastic surgery procedure such as a facelift or neck lift.
– People who do not wish to undergo a surgical facelift or neck lift for various reasons such as not wanting a prolonged recovery of a stand facelift or do not wish to spend money on an expensive facelift.
The most popular treatment areas are the brows, cheeks (midface), jowls, and upper neck. However, Thread Lift can be performed virtually anywhere on the body, such as to lift loose skin on the upper arms, stomach, thighs, and around the knees.
– The areas to be treated will be numbed with topical as well as local anesthetic.
– The areas to be treated are then marked.
– The threads are then inserted under the skin in precise locations using a small hollow needle to lift and support droopy elements without removing any skin. The inserted thread is then able to grasp onto the droopy skin and soft tissue to reposition the skin. This requires no cuts or incisions. It’s purely done by injections.
– With the lift effect secured, the hollow needle is removed without leaving any scars.
– Depending on the desired effect of the lift, a few to several sutures will be used.
– The PDO suture remains underneath the skin. Different sutures and lengths will be used depending upon the area(s) you need lifted.
Pain can be usually managed with acetaminophen (Tylenol) and/or ibuprofen (Advil). If stronger pain medicine is desired, it can be prescribed by your physician. You may have mild swelling and bruising for a few days. Icing the treated area as well as arnica is recommended for the first few days. We recommend avoiding strenuous activity for a few days.
Side Effects: Like any procedure using a needle, there is a chance of bruising and swelling. However, in most people, the bruising and swelling are minimal and resolve in less than a week. There is some post-op discomfort which usually resolves quickly in most patients. If the sutures, for some reason, become visible underneath the skin or migrate, they can be easily removed if necessary and new threads can be placed.
Call us for more information. We serve clients from Tempe AZ, Mesa AZ, Scottsdale AZ, Chandler AZ, Gilbert, AZ, Ahwatukee AZ, and Phoenix AZ.